When you ask the right employee engagement questions, you will be able to determine an employee’s engagement level.
Employee engagement survey questions are crucial for improving employees performance, satisfaction and reducing company’s turnover rate. Every company should implement employee engagement surveys at least once or twice a year. In general, these surveys are anonymous in order for employees to be completely honest.
A survey of employee engagement can really help you understand if your company is facing any bottlenecks.
The following is an example of a typical employee engagement survey question. We have listed 3 types of survey questions: 5-answer Likert scale, 1-10 scale and open survey question.
5-answer Likert scale questions about employee engagement
The following are examples of the best employee engagement survey questions:
- I understand the organizational goals of [company name]
- It is clear to me how my work aligns with those goals
- As a result of my work, I feel like my goals can be achieved
- [Name of company]’s supervisor does an excellent job of informing me of what is going on at the company
- My coworkers and I collaborate to achieve goals
- The team I am part of makes me proud
- My team at [company name] inspires me to do my best
- Help is always at hand when I need it
- Helping [company name] achieve its goals motivates me
- I have everything I need to be successful in my role
Open employee engagement survey questions
Examples of the best pratice employee engagement survey questions:
- What are the goals and vision of [company name]? Please explain.
- What role does your work play in helping to reach those goals? Please explain.
- Do you feel motivated to be successful in your role? Why?
- What are your motivations for helping [company name] reach its goals?
- Do you constantly look for new ways to improve? How and why?
- What do you think about the use of your skills and experience? Please explain.
- Which operations would you like to be more involved in at [company name]? How?
1 to 10 scale engaging questions for employees
The following are some examples of best practice employee engagement survey questions:
- From 1 to 10, how well do you believe you understand the mission, vision and goals of [company name]?
- From 1 to 10, to what extent do you feel like your job is important for achieving company’s goals?
- From 1 to 10, how would you rate your ability to use your skills and capabilities?
- From 1 to 10, do you use and suggest innovative ideas at work?
- From 1 to 10, how do you rate your idea(s) or suggestion being listened to and considered?
- From 1 to 10, What motivates you to succeed in your role?
- From 1 to 10, To what extent are you committed to helping [company name] reach its goals?
- From 1 to 10, To achieve your goals, do you usually collaborate with your teammates?
Build a Culture that lasts forever. Start a free trial.